This website: Caru Conwy – Love Conwy and our strapline ‘changing lives with love’ defines the mission of the Bro Celynnin Ministry Area. Our church buildings comprise five very special, medieval treasures, all of which have a life of prayer, worship and service to the community, stretching from the centre of Conwy town to Tal-y-Bont in the Conwy Valley.
- We offer different expressions of worship – from traditional in-person services in our church buildings, to Zoom gatherings during the week and a weekly worship video. Find out about how to make that on-line connection here.
- There are monthly Celtic Praise services over the winter in St Benedict’s Gyffin and the hilltop church of Llangelynnin in the Spring and Summer. Worship in the Wild also happens monthly – ‘contemplative walking’ together.
- We have a strong commitment to supporting our local community, especially families who are struggling. Find out about ‘Bags of Love’
- St Mary’s Conwy is our largest church (the original site of Aberconwy Abbey which pre-dated the castle by nearly a hundred years). We have a Visitor Welcome Team, who offer a warm welcome in the heart of Conwy town. Last summer we enjoyed a beautifully creative way to pray and record our feelings about life through the pandemic.
- St Mary’s Conwy also has a strong music tradition, offering a Classical Music Festival in the summer, a monthly Choral Evensong with Cantorion Celynnin and a children’s choir: Canu Conwy Sings to sing in church and at local events.
PRAYER AND PRACTICAL SUPPORT
Contact us if you are struggling in any way. We are a caring community that can offer help, including asking us to pray for you. Our details are here.