Weddings & Baptisms

Can I get married in Church?

Llongyfarchiadau!     Congratulations!

We encourage couples to get married in Church. The Marriage (Wales) Act 2010 means that you have a right to marry and to have your marriage registered legally in your local Church in Wales Parish, as long as one of you meets one of the following criteria:-

  • resides in the Parish where the wedding is to take place, or
  • has been a regular worshipper in the Parish for at least 6 months, or
  • has a Qualifying Connection

A Qualifying Connection can mean that you were baptised or confirmed in the Parish, that you or a parent used to live in the Parish for at least 6 months, that you or a parent used to attend Worship in the Parish for at least six months, or that a parent or grandparent was married in the Parish. Anyone who has a Qualifying Connection to our Parish, which is the Bro Celynnin Ministry Area, can get married in one of our five beautiful Churches:-

There are some additional requirements for re-marriage after divorce, or for anyone who is not a UK national. Get in touch with us to explore what is possible before booking the venue for the wedding reception. Wedding enquiries can be made via our Contact Form, or by asking Reverend David Parry to send you a Wedding Form.

IMG_CC61FDD032F1-1Eglwys y Santes Fair St. Mary’s Church, Conwy (2019)

There is more information on the Church in Wales website.


Can I get my child baptised in Church?

Pa mor hyfryd!       How lovely!

We encourage Baptisms in Church and are keen to explore this further. Anyone living in our Bro Celynnin Ministry Area can have their child baptised in one of our churches. If you live outside the Ministry Area, then we would ask you to attend regular worship in our churches. Get in touch with us to check availability for your Baptism. Enquiries can be made via the Contact Form on our website, or by asking Reverend David Parry for a Baptism Form.

There is more information on the Church in Wales website.


Where can I get a copy of my Baptism or Wedding Certificate?

The Bro Celynnin Ministry Area holds all the current registers. If we hold your Baptism or Wedding Certificate, then we can provide you with a Duplicate Certificate. This will be a Certified Copy and we will charge a small fee for providing the service.


Where can I find out about my family history?

We have lots of current information. If you are trying to search for records from a long time ago, then your best option is to liaise with the Public Records Office in Llandudno.

Address: Archives, The Old Board School, Lloyd Street, Llandudno, LL30 2YG

Telephone: (01492) 577550


%d bloggers like this: