Settling our minds in unsettled times
Well, we’re now at the end of the second week of this strange new world of isolation. Thank you to everyone who has got in touch with encouraging messages and those who have written reflections. It seems to be one way that we can feel connected and supported. The numbers getting our daily reflections grows daily. Please encourage anyone you think would also find them helpful, to simply type ‘yes please’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s reflection from Reverend Eryl Parry, offers a way of ending the week in prayer – and she shares here too a little explanation of the ring she wears!
Find a comfortable spot, and have a go. Rest awhile and become settled. Take your time over each one. Allow God to direct your thoughts, so that you gain insight that doesn’t just come from our own understanding.
- Ask God to help you become aware of his presence, and enter his ‘holy company’.
- Acknowledge good things that have happened; recall one by one, the blessings to be thankful for.
- Attend to your memories of the day or week that has passed, particularly focusing on how each thing made you feel.
- Become aware of one feature of that period of time that has struck you in a significant way. Lift that one thing to God in prayer, asking for anything appropriate like comfort, forgiveness, wisdom or guidance.
- Anticipate tomorrow, asking God’s blessing, strength and courage for all that lies ahead.
“Trystia’r ARGLWYDD yn llwyr; paid dibynnu ar dy syniadau dy hun. Gwrando arno fe bob amser, a bydd e’n dangos y ffordd iawn i ti.”
Incarnate God, in our times of fear and uncertainty, remind us that before rising in triumph from death, you passed through desolation and darkness.
As the days lighten, assure us of the hope you bring us; so that our trust and confidence in you may not waiver, but sustain us through whatever difficulties we face. Amen.
O Dduw, yr hwn a ddaeth yn y cnawd; yn ein hoes o ofn ac ansicrwydd, atgoffa ni dy fod, cyn codi mewn buddugoliaeth o farwolaeth, wedi profi anghyfannedd a thywyllwch.
Wrth i’r dyddiau ymestyn a goleuo, dyro sicrwydd i ni o’r gobaith sydd gennyt i ni; fel na fydd ein hymddiriedaeth a’n hyder ynot yn simsanu, ond cynnal ni pa bynnag anawsterau a ddaw i’n rhan. Amen.
Click here for previous daily reflections from our Ministry Team.